- Local bills must be submitted to Bill Drafting by 4:00 pm on March 1 and filed with the Senate Clerk by 3:00 pm on March 9
- Public bills and Resolutions: to Bill Drafting by March 11 and filed by March 23.
- Bills requested by study commissions: to Bill Drafting by March 1 and filed by March 9.
- Bills requested by state agencies: to Bill Drafting by March 8 and filed by March 16.
- Local bills: to Bill Drafting by March 16 and filed by March 30.
- Non-appropriations and non-finance public bills: to Bill Drafting by March 24 and filed by April 6.
- Appropriations and finance bills: to Bill Drafting by April 20 and filed by May 4.
This year’s “crossover” deadline (the date by which a non-money bill must pass its house of origin in order to be considered by the second house during the 2011 session) is May 12.