New Media Director
The North Carolina Justice Center, a progressive policy advocacy organization whose mission is to expand opportunity and protect the rights of poor and working individuals and families in North Carolina, is seeking a New Media Director to join the staff of its media project, N.C. Policy Watch.
The New Media Director will be responsible for website design and maintenance and all aspects of interactive and social media for N.C. Policy Watch, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, blogs, and YouTube, and also serves as multimedia journalist/photojournalist for N.C. Policy Watch news stories. The New Media Director is responsible for using these new media creatively in order to more effectively communicate the Justice Center and Policy Watch agenda to new and existing audiences. The position will report directly to the Director of N.C. Policy Watch and work closely with the N.C. Policy Watch team.
The New Media Director will be expected to:
- Frequently update websites and blogs with both original material and cross posts and links from other sources;
- Take photographs and research and design data-based infographics to supplement articles by N.C. Policy Watch reporters;
- Analyze metrics for website, social media and other online properties, using Google Analytics and other tools;
- Develop and implement data-based strategies for engaging and building audiences on social media, mobile devices and other online venues;
- Edit audio and video for posting online;
- Continuously seek new and creative media;
- Film and stream live events where appropriate;
- Create and maintain templates for newsletters and sign up forms;
- Provide primary support for N.C. Policy Watch web servers and/or consult with third-party server support where necessary to keep website operating smoothly;
- Provide support to the Justice Center communications team, including assisting with the Justice Center website and new media communications efforts;
- Work with other project members to develop the goals and work plan of the project;
- Support the work of other Justice Center projects and staff members in order to advance the goals of the organization;
- Work with other Policy Watch staff to develop the goals and work plan for the Project;
- Provide support to the work of other Justice Center staff and help to advance the goals of the organization;
- Serve as a member of the Justice Center communications team helping to advance the communications efforts of the organization.
The Justice Center offers committed, inspired co-workers, a competitive salary and superior benefits to enhance staff quality of life including, but not limited to: six weeks paid time off, paid maternity/paternity leave, twelve holidays, free parking in downtown Raleigh, retirement plan contribution and match, FSA, 100% paid high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references, in a single PDF that has your name in its title, with “New Media Director” in the subject line to email@example.com. Visit www.ncjustice.org for more information about the N.C. Justice Center. No phone calls please.
The Justice Center is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for available positions. The Justice Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disability.